Preparation Time : 10 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Skill level : Intermediate
1/2 c Tomato puree
1 ts garlic paste
1 ts red chili paste/red chili powder
1/4 ts turmeric
1 c whole wheat flour Plus more for rolling
1 tbs water only if needed
1/4 ts black salt
1/4 ts Carom seeds, crushed
salt pepper- as needed
1.Boil everything but flour and water. Then, let it cool.
2. Add flour and make semi soft dough (if needed add more flour or water for right consistency)
3. Make walnut size balls of dough.
4. Flatten the ball and roll it into thin circle (use dry flour for dusting otherwise it will stick).
5. Heat griddle on medium heat and when hot enough (to check put a pinch of flour on the griddle and check if it turns golden-brown) carefully place the roti on the griddle .
6. After 10 seconds, flip it over
7. After 10 seconds, Flip again and cook until it has golden brown spots on both sides.
8. Repeat next one till done.
*To make soft rotis adjust your heat just right. If its too much you will get burns and spots will quickly turn black and if it's too low it will take longer and will be chewy not soft.