Category :Vegan, No added sugar
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time: 20-30 Min.
Skill level : Intermediate
1 ts ghee or butter
1 c Dates
1/4 c desiccated coconut
1/4 c cashews very thinly sliced in slicer
1/4 c almonds and pistachio very thinly sliced in slicer
1 1/2 c regular whole wheat soft dough
1. In a wok heat ghee.
2. Roast ingredients except dough.
3. Slow roast till dates are soft and pliable.
4. Turn the heat off.
5. Let it cool.
1. Take a walnut-sized ball of dough
2. Make two disks out of it
3. Roll the two disks into small circles with a rolling pin
4. Now sandwich the two disks with a little ball of filling (a little larger than the size of a walnut)
5. Seal the edges perfectly
6. With the help of a hand or rolling pin, roll it out into a circle
7. On heated griddle lay the roti at medium low temperature
8. After 5 seconds turn it over
9. When its golden-brown turn it over again
10. When its golden-brown both side it's done.
11.Serve warm. You can apply ghee if you like.
12. Repeat the process for all the rotis.