Category :Vegan, Vegetarian, No added sugar
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time: 20-30 Min.
Skill level : Intermediate
1 ts ghee or butter
1 c Figs, chopped
1/2 c Dates
1 tbs grated fresh Khova(optional)
1/2 c cashews very thinly sliced in slicer(optional)
2 c regular whole wheat soft dough
1. In a wok heat ghee.
2. Roast ingredients except dough until soft.
3. When its soft and pliable turn the heat off.
4. Let it cool.
1. Take a walnut-sized ball of dough
2. Make two disks out of it
3. Roll the two disks into small circles with a rolling pin
4. Now sandwich the two disks with a little ball of filling (a little larger than the size of a walnut)
5. Seal the edges perfectly
6. With the help of a hand or rolling pin, roll it out into a circle
7. On heated griddle lay the roti at medium low temperature
8. After 5 seconds turn it over
9. When its golden-brown turn it over again
10. When its golden-brown both side it's done.
11.Serve warm. You can apply ghee if you like.
12. Repeat the process for all the rotis.