Thursday, July 17, 2014
Mix Chikki Puran poli
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking Time: 20-30 Min.
Skill level : Intermediate
1/3 c roasted sesame seeds
1/3 c roasted peanut
1/3 c desiccated coconut
1 c jaggery, grated or as per taste
1 c regular whole wheat soft dough
1. In a blender blend sesame seeds, peanuts until almost powder.
2. Add jaggery, coconut and blend again
1. Take a walnut-sized ball of dough
2. Make two disks out of it
3. Roll the two disks into small circles with a rolling pin
4. Now sandwich the two disks with a little ball of filling (a little larger than the size of a walnut)
5. Seal the edges perfectly
6. With the help of a hand or rolling pin, roll it out into a circle
7. On heated griddle lay the roti at medium low temperature
8. After 5 seconds turn it over
9. When its golden-brown turn it over again
10. When its golden-brown both side it's done.
11.Serve warm. You can apply ghee if you like.
12. Repeat the process for all the rotis.
Posted by Nisha Parekh