Great tasting hummus with nice texture.
Category :Vegan, fatfree(oil optional), gluten free, Nut free
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time: 5 Min.
Skill level : easy
Ingredients :2 tbs tahini(I used Arrowhead organic sesame tahini)
1 tbs lemon juice (2 if you like little sour)
1 ts olive oil or as desired(optional)
4-5 cloves garlic
2 c Fresh fava beans
salt as needed
squeeze of hot chili sauce
pinch of parsley
1. shell fava beans.
2. boil fava beans with 1/2 ts salt for 5 min.
3. blend tahini and lemon juice (when you blend water and fat it gives fluffy and light texture tahini = fat, lemon = water)
4. if u like to add olive oil add and blend little more
5. add other ingredient and blend in to smooth paste.
6. garnish with red chili sauce and sprig of parsley. serve.
Some People don't like husk so you might want to peel the husks but I keep it since it has fibers and gives interesting texture.
*We need to adjust cooking time if fava beans are bit mature but very mature fava beans are not desired for this recipe.
You can make Jain version of this recipe - just omit onion garlic,.