Thursday, June 5, 2014
Nuts over CHOCOLATE ...homemade Nutella
This home made version of hazelnut chocolate spread doesn't have any partially hydrogenated oils or preservatives. Comparably much less fat and vegan. My kids just loved it. Very flavorful...
Category :Vegan, Jain, Fat-free, Gluten free
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking time : 10-15 min.
Skill level : easy
3/4 c hazelnuts, shelled
2 ts vegan coconut spread (I used earth balance)
2 tbs vegan cocoa mix or drinking chocolate
2" vanilla bean or 2 ts vanilla essence
2 tbs maple agave syrup (any liquid sweetener )
1. Roast hazelnuts, till medium brown at low heat.
2. Let it cool.
3. rub the hazelnuts to skin.
4. Grind skinned hazelnuts with coffee grinder or dry blender until very fine powder.
5. Add the other ingredients and blend smooth.
* When you buy the hazelnuts, try to taste it and buy crisp, fresh, and fragrant.
*I don't have coffee or dry grinder and my blender wasn't able to make fine powder, but fine powder provides a smoother texture.
Posted by Nisha Parekh