Category :Vegan, Jain, Fat-free, Gluten free
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking time : 15 min.
Skill level : Intermediate
1/2 c cashews + 2 tbs more
1/2 c oats
1 + 1/4 ts coconut butter (or Vegan fat)
1 +1/4 ts orange rind
1/4 ts orange oil or natural orange essence(optional)
1/4 + 1/8 ts salt
1/4 c + 2 ts vegan sugar
1 ts vanilla essence
1/4 c Candied orange peels, finely chopped
1/2 c fresh tangerine juice(or orange juice)
2 tbs agave syrup or any liquid sweetener + more if needed
1. Roast cashews until they are golden brown with 1/2 ts fat.
2. Roast oats until they are light golden brown with 1/2 ts fat.
3. Heat 1/4 ts fat over low heat, add sugar and 1 tbs tangerine/orange juice.
4. Cook until syrup is thick(softball stage)
5. Add 2 tbs roasted cashews and 1/4 ts orange rind, and 1/8 ts salt.
6. Roast for a little till all the liquid disappears and nuts are crispy.(Makes sound when you move them around).
7. Let it cool.
8. Chop the praline into bits.
9. Make syrup with tangerine juice and 1/4 c sugar (1 string or soft ball)
10. Add all the ingredients but praline, and candied peel(liquid first), in a blender and blend in to smooth paste.
11. Add praline bits and candy bits and store it in a airtight glass container.
*Leftover? - Keep refrigerated.