Another dish from my mother-in-law's kitchen. Perfect for banana lovers and people with sweet tooth- With a nice combination of salt, spice, sour, and sweet.
Category :Vegan, low-Fat, Gluten free
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking time : 15 min.
Skill level : Easy
Serves : 4
2 c extra thick poha (beaten rice)
1/4 c green bell pepper, Finely cut
1 ts spicy green chili, Finely cut
1/4 + 1/4 c white onion, Finely cut
1 ts Turmeric
1/2 ts Asafoetida
1 Red chili
1 tbs peanuts
1 ts mustard seeds
1 ts oil plus more to taste
2 tbs lemon juice
2 c mix fruits (banana, apple, orange, pomegranate, grapes etc.), finely diced
1. Soak poha for 3 min.
2. Drain poha completely for 10 min.
3. Heat oil on medium heat.
4. Add mustard seeds, red chili and peanuts.
5. Move the content around till mustard seeds pop and peanuts are golden-brown.
6. Add asafoetida and turmeric.
7. Roast for 1/2 min more at low heat.
8. Add 1/4 c onion, green chili and bell pepper
9. Roast until onion is translucent.
10. Add poha.
11. Add rest of the onion.(if poha feels too dry add 1 tbs water)
12. Mix gently until its evenly colored.
13. Add lemon juice and fruits , mix.
14. Turn the heat off.
15. Serve while warm.
*For Jain preparation omit the onions.