Category :Vegan, Jain, Fat-free, Gluten free
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking time : 10 min.
Skill level : easy
1/2 c cashews + 2 tbs more
1/2 c oats
1 + 1/4 ts coconut butter (or Vegan fat)
1 + 1/4 ts cinnamon powder
1/4 ts nutmeg powder
1/4 ts allspice powder
1/4 + 1/8 ts salt
2 ts vegan sugar
1 ts vanilla essence
2 ts cocoa powder, unsweetened
1/4 c agave syrup or any liquid sweetener+ more if needed
1. Roast cashews until they are golden brown with 1/2 ts fat.
2. Roast oats until they are light golden brown with 1/2 ts fat.
3. Heat 1/4 ts fat over low heat, add sugar and 1 tbs water.
4. Cook until syrup is thick(softball stage)
5. Add 2 tbs roasted cashews and 1/4 ts cinnamon and 1/8 ts salt.
6. Roast for a little till all the liquid disappears and nuts are crispy.(Makes sound when you move them around).
7. Let it cool.
8. Chop the praline into bits.
9. Add all the ingredients but praline(liquid first), in a blender and blend in to smooth paste.
10. Add praline bits and store it in a airtight glass container.
*The butters we buy outside has lots of oil added to make smoother, So if you like you can add liquid fat (oil) but to save that fat we can keep it bit thicker (No effect on taste if it's blended smooth) or add other liquid like coconut milk or little more liquid sweetener, just as much needed by the blender to blend. Again this is not a necessity that recipe calls for it but it is liquid which blender calls for it. If the blender is good enough to blend cashews till oil shows up. Indian mixer's small chutney bowl can do this, then we need less liquid.
*If we use vegan milk as extra liquid, it will have lesser shelf life.(Anyway this one is so yummy that it will be over way before shelf life ends if not immediately).