Very simple yet delicious curry. My mom used to make this for me and my favorite one. Good for people with weak digestion, had baby or seek.
Category :Vegan, low fat, gluten free
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking Time: 15-20 min.
Skill level : easy
1 ts ghee
1 ts cumin seeds
1/2 ts Turmeric
1/4 ts asafoetida
1 green chili cut
10 curry leaves
2 c diced bottle guard
1/2 ts ginger
1 ts cumin powder
3 ts coriander powder
1 tbs cilantro, finely cut
1. In a wok, heat ghee, add cumin.
2. When cumin flutters add green chili, curry leaves, turmeric and asafoetida.
3. Add bottle guard and ginger.
4. Let it cook till almost done.
5. Add salt and coriander cumin powder, cook till done.
6. Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.
* try to get very fresh bottle guard, it has sweetness of its own.
* Don't forget to taste bottle guard before cutting, very rare but it's bitter sometimes and then it's very bad for health too.