Your kids don't like bottle guard. When you mention that I made bottle guard curry, they don't want to have dinner or they are not hungry anymore. Sounds very similar? Yes, most people feel that bottle guard is food for seek people and too plain. If you will give this curry to them they will change their opinion. Even my family loves this preparation and most of all is its quick and easy to prepare.
Category :Vegan, healthy fat, gluten free
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking Time: 5 min.
Skill level : easy
2 c cooked diced bottle guard
1 red chili
10 curry leaves
1 ts rice soaked in 1 tbs water
3 garlic cloves
1/8 fresh coconut
1 ts ghee
1 ts cumin seeds
5 curry leaves
1/4 ts asafoetida
1 tbs cilantro, finely cut
1/2 c Yogurt
1. Blend red chili, curry leaves, rice, coconut, garlic and salt into smooth paste.
2. Mix bottle guard with paste.
3. When ready to serve temper cumin seeds in ghee add curry leaves and asafoetida and add it to bottle guard.
4. Mix yogurt and garnish with cilantro.
5. Serve at room temperature.
* try to get very fresh bottle guard, it has sweetness of its own.
* Don't forget to taste bottle guard before cutting, very rare but it's bitter sometimes and then it's very bad for health too.