Mango lover's hot summer day's cool food that too also low in fat.
Category :Vegetarian, low fat , gluten free, Nut free
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time: 15-20 min.
Skill level : easy
2 + 1/4 glass water
1 c Yogurt
2 c Mango Ras
1 c Mango finely diced
1 tbs sugar
salt as needed
1 ts oil
1 star anise
1/4 ts cumin seeds
2 ts urad dal
8-10 curry leaves
2 spicy green chili, cut
1. Soak appam in 2 c water for 5 min.
2. squeeze appam between palms.
3. Mix yogurt, mango ras, mango pieces, sugar and 1 ts cumin powder.
4. add water if mix is too thick to make it pouring thick consistency.(It will be thicker after a while.)
5. Arrange appam at the bottom of serving plate.
6. Pour yogurt mix.
7. heat oil in a small pan and add tempering ingredients.
8. Pour the temper on yogurt mix.
9. refrigerate for at least 1/2 an hour or use chilled mango juice and let it stay for 5 min.
*you can use mango juice too. For that take 2 c yogurt+ 2 c Mango juice and no sugar, no water.