Amazing taste. When I made this for the first time, my daughters had their friends over, so I gave them all a taste. Next thing I knew, all of it had vanished. Gulab means rose. It is extremely fragrant.
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time: 20-30 Min.
Skill level : Intermediate
1 ts ghee or butter
1 c skim milk powder or non fat dry milk
1/2 c grated fresh Khova
1 c sugar or as per taste
1/2 c rose petals washed and sun dried
1 ts cardamom powder
2 tbs almonds and cashews very thinly sliced in slicer(optional)
2 c regular whole wheat soft dough
1. In a wok heat ghee.
2. Roast milk powder, khova at medium low. Be sure not to burn it.
3. Roast till fragrant
4. Add sugar, rose petals and keep roasting
5. When its starts making like ball its done
6. If it does not form a ball then add 1-2 ts milk
7. It should be able to form a soft ball
8. Mix cardamom and nuts allow it to cool
1. Take a walnut-sized ball of dough
2. Make two disks out of it
3. Roll the two disks into small circles with a rolling pin
4. Now sandwich the two disks with a little ball of filling (a little larger than the size of a walnut)
5. Seal the edges perfectly
6. With the help of a hand or rolling pin, roll it out into a circle
7. On heated griddle lay the roti at medium low temperature
8. After 5 seconds turn it over
9. When its golden-brown turn it over again
10. When its golden-brown both side it's done.
11.Serve warm. You can apply ghee if you like.
12. Repeat the process for all the rotis.