Category :Vegan, low fat, gluten free, high in protein
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Skill level : intermediate
2 c fine kala chana besan (whole chickpea gram flour)
1 c finely chopped fenugreek
1 tbs garlic, finely chopped
1/2 c onion, very finely chopped
1 green chili, finely chopped
1 tbs cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 ts asafoetida
1 ts turmeric
1 ts red chili powder
water as needed
salt as needed
oil as needed
1. Mix all the dry ingredients.
2. Pour water just enough to make pourable (but not watery) consistency smooth batter.
3. Heat griddle on medium high heat.
4. Pour approximately. 2 tbs batter with big spoon when griddle is hot, and spread thinly.
5. Add 1 ts oil around the crepe.
6. When its golden brown move the flat spoon around and fold it and take it out.
7. Repeat. Serve warm, with raita or sweet n spicy chutney.
*if batter doesn't feel smooth, you can leave it for few min. it will be smoother or make it ahead of time.
* You can stuff upma or poha or dry curry (like potato or paneer or mix veg.) to make it richer meal.