Preparation Time : 5 min
Cooking Time: 15-20 min
Skill level : Intermediate
1 green chili
1 ts Carom seeds
1 ts turmeric
1/2 c mix greens(cilantro-1 tbs, 2-3 green onion-white part, 3 tbs spinach, 2 tbs fenugreek, + 10 leaves holy basil or basil )
1 c whole wheat flour
Dry whole wheat flour for rolling
1. Make soft dough with flour,paste and water(if needed).
2. Make walnut size balls of dough.
3. Flatten the balls into disks.
4. Roll the balls into 6" diameter circles.
5. Heat griddle on medium heat and when hot enough (to check put a pinch of flour on the griddle and check if it turns golden-brown) carefully place the paratha on the griddle .
6. After 10 seconds, flip it over, apply ghee(or oil).
7. When it has brownish spots flip over again.
8. When it has brownish spots both sides its done.
9. Serve. Repeat.
*Instead of ghee you can use butter or vegan butter but ghee smells good.
*Flipping paratha too many times makes it hard and chewy. (With practice you will know right timings and right temperatures.
*To make soft parathas adjust your heat just right. If its too much you will get burns and spots will quickly turn black and if it's too low it will take longer and will be chewy not soft.
* If you think your rolling speed is not fast you can turn heat on only after rolling 2-3 parathas.