Before, would never eat this type of preparation. But when you are out for the day, tired and hungry, this is a quick dinner. So I tried making it with veggies, especially onion. And guess what? He loves this. Even more since he found out it was healthier.
Category :Vegan, low fat, gluten free, high in protein
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Skill level : intermediate
2 c fine gram flour
1 c finely chopped veggie(onion, tomato, carrot, cabbage etc.)
1 ts oil
1 tbs cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 ts asafoetida
1 ts turmeric
1 ts red chili powder
water as needed
salt as needed
oil as needed
1. Mix all the dry ingredients.
2. Pour water just enough to make pourable (but not watery) consistency smooth batter.
3. Heat griddle on medium high heat.
4. Pour approximately. 2 tbs batter with big spoon when griddle is hot, and spread thinly.
5. Add 1 ts oil around the crepe.
6. When its golden brown move the flat spoon around and fold it and take it out.
7. Repeat. Serve warm, with raita or sweet n spicy chutney.
*if batter doesn't feel smooth, you can leave it for few min. it will be smoother or make it ahead of time.
* You can stuff upma or poha or dry curry (like potato or paneer or mix veg.) to make it richer meal.