Once, When I was in Bangalore, I was talking to one of my friends, Vaishali. She suggested to try making besan crepes with fenugreek. Along with a few spices I added on my own to give it more flavor, I tried to make it, and this was the output. This recipe is quick and one of the no-argument-needed dinners in my family. I serve this with raita and green salad. Some people call this type of crepes 'besan omlet', while Gujaratis call it pudla. This one has a twist of sweet and spiciness.
Category :Vegan, low fat, gluten free, high in protein
Preparation Time : 10 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Skill level : intermediate
2 c fine gram flour
1 c finely cut Fenugreek leaves
1 ts oil
1/4 ts asafoetida
1 ts turmeric
1 tbs coriander crushed
1 ts garam masala
1 ts peppercorns, finely crushed
1/2 tbs sugar
water as needed
salt as needed
oil as needed
1. Mix all the dry ingredients.
2. Pour water just enough to make pourable (but not watery) consistency smooth batter.
3. Heat griddle on medium high heat.
4. Pour approx. 2 tbs batter with big spoon when griddle is hot, and spread thinly.
5. Add 1 ts oil around the crepe.
6. When its golden brown move the flat spoon around and fold it and take it out.
7. Repeat. Serve warm, with raita or sweet n spicy chutney.
*if batter doesn't feel smooth, you can leave it for few min. it will be smoother or make it ahead of time.
* You can stuff upma or poha or dry curry (like potato or paneer or mix veg.) to make it richer meal.