Monday, June 9, 2014

Silky dip

This had started off with just an experiment. I bought silken tofu instead of regular tofu but had no idea where to use it. After I came home, I was tired and my kids were hungry. I tried to think of something that was fast to make. So, I took out the blender and started adding what I felt would go well together and that's pretty much how I ended up with this dip and when I asked kids to try it, they were frowning, thinking that how much better can you make tofu taste but any way they tried a tiny bit, as if it was poison, the next moment, they had a big smiles and an amazed look on their faces and they said, "Wow! fantastic, you must post this recipe on your blog." So here it is...


Category :Vegan, low fat , gluten free, Nut free
Preparation Time : 5 min.
Cooking Time: nil
Skill level : easy

Ingredients:
1 package silken tofu (12 oz) (I used Mori-Nu organic firm silken tofu)
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 ts rosemary, dried
1/2 ts savory, dried
1/2 ts parsley, dried
3 big cloves garlic
1/2 ts onion powder
1/4 ts pepper
salt

1. Blend everything together until smooth.

*If you can't find silken tofu replace it with soft tofu(silken tofu has creamier texture).