Category : Vegetarian, healthy fat
Preparation Time : 5 min
Cooking Time: 15-20 min
Skill level : Intermediate
1 c potato, mashed(no lumps)
1/4 c cheese plus more to taste, grated(processed or cheddar)
1/2 ts onion powder
1/4 ts garlic powder
1 ts parsley
1 tbs green onion, finely chopped
1 ts chili flakes
salt as needed
1 c regular whole wheat roti (soft) dough
Mix stuffing ingredients.
1. Take a walnut-sized ball of dough
2. Make two disks out of it
3. Roll the two disks into small circles with a rolling pin
4. Now sandwich the two disks with a little ball of filling (a little larger than the size of a walnut)
5. Seal the edges perfectly
6. With the help of a hand or rolling pin, roll it out into a circle
7. On heated griddle lay the roti at medium low temperature
8. After 10 seconds turn it over
9. When its golden-brown turn it over again
10. When its golden-brown both side it's done.
11.Serve warm. You can apply ghee if you like.
12. Repeat the process for all parathas.
*To make soft parathas adjust your heat just right. If its too much you will get burns and spots will quickly turn black and if it's too low it will take longer and will be chewy not soft.
*Flipping roti too many times makes it hard and chewy. (With practice you will know right timings and right temperatures.*To make soft roties adjust your heat just right. If its too much you will get burns and spots will quickly turn black and if it's too low it will take longer and will be chewy not soft.
*Applying ghee or butter after roti/paratha/thepla is done makes it softer, in case if you are a beginner.