Category :Vegan, healthy fat(oil optional), gluten free, Nut free
Preparation Time : 15 min.
Cooking Time: 5 Min.
Skill level : easy
2 tbs tahini(I used Arrowhead organic sesame tahini)
1 tbs lemon juice (2 if you like little sour)
1 ts olive oil or as desired(optional)
4-5 cloves garlic roasted and peel removed
1/2 onion roasted and peel removed
1/4 red bell pepper roasted and wiped with paper towel
2 c boiled and drained garbanzo beans
salt as needed
1. blend tahini and lemon juice (when you blend water and fat it gives fluffy and light texture tahini = fat, lemon = water)
2. if u like to add olive oil add and blend little more
3. add other ingredient and blend in to smooth paste.
4. garnish with red chili sauce and sprig of parsley. serve.
You can make Jain version of this recipe - just omit onion garlic,.
* for regular hummus don't roast onion and garlic and remove red bell pepper