Category : Vegan, healthy fat
Preparation Time : 5 min
Cooking Time: 15-20 min
Skill level : Intermediate
1 c green peas frozen drained and crushed
1 tbs coconut fresh
1 tbs peanuts crushed
1 ts sesame seeds
1 ts garam masala
1 ts turmeric
1/4 ts asafoetida
1 ts chili powder
1 tbs sugar
salt as needed
1 c regular whole wheat soft dough
Mix stuffing ingredients.
1. Take a walnut-sized ball of dough
2. Make two disks out of it
3. Roll the two disks into small circles with a rolling pin
4. Now sandwich the two disks with a little ball of filling (a little larger than the size of a walnut)
5. Seal the edges perfectly
6. With the help of a hand or rolling pin, roll it out into a circle
7. On heated griddle lay the roti at medium low temperature
8. After 5 seconds turn it over
9. When its golden-brown turn it over again
10. When its golden-brown both side it's done.
11.Serve warm. You can apply ghee if you like.
12. Repeat the process for all parathas.
*If you want to use fresh green peas- boil for 5 min (or soft), drain and use.
*Variation you can take fresh green chana or fresh green pigeon peas instead of peas